This company helps foreign companies establish themselves in the Chinese market. They are currently assisting a client to create a ground breaking new platform for engagement within the design community. They are therefore looking for a design & architecture research intern. The position is primary based in researching the design and architectural worlds with a focus on China.
- Help create and publish content for a new design and architectural magazine.
- Interpreting information, finding trends, formulating reports and making recommendations based upon those findings.
- Look at large amounts of design and architectural current events.
- Within all the chatter you will be able to identify larger macro trends and movements on smaller scales.
- Must be have a true love and excitement for design and architecture.
- University level students or recent graduates with a background in Journalism, Design, Marketing, Marketing Research, International Business, Public Relations, Languages, Cultural Studies, or another related area if you can explain why you’re the right fit.
- Candidates with a passion for Asia and design are urged to apply.
- You should have a favorite architect.
- Interest in design, architecture and/or home décor a requirement.
- Creativity in performing in-depth desk-top research.
- Curious nature and self-motivated to learn.
- You should know who Zaha Hadid is.
- You recognize the difference between an Eames and a folding chair
- Ability to balance quality and speed .
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Broad-based background: interest and/or experience in multiple industries a plus!
- Prior experience in a marketing, journalism or PR role a plus.